Monday, May 30, 2011

ONE THING

I long to be consumed by the majesty and beauty of G-d. I want to "waste my life" pursuing One Thing. "One thing have I desired, that will I seek..." (Psalm 27)

G-d has been awakening my heart once more and setting my heart ablaze with desire for Him. I am finding that everything else is a chasing after the wind. It's all fading away. The only thing that matters, the only thing that remains, in light of eternity is this G-d man Jesus Christ. I long to be fascinated by Him and Him alone.

When I try and pursue 'other lovers' such as tv, long stretches on Facebook, movies that don't glorify G-d, etc.... I am left despondant, aimless, depressed and completely unsatisfied. The only thing that truly satsifies me these days is giving my time to worship and seeking the face of a holy G-d. He alone is worthy of all our praise and devotion.

There is an urgency in my heart that, we as the Body of Christ, need to purify ourselves and return to Jesus with ALL our hearts. No compromise. No temporary pleasures that turn our gaze from the Lover of our soul. He is coming back for a pure and spotless Bride.

I can no longer ignore the conviction of the Holy Spirit; the still small Voice saying "this is the way, walk in it." If it means I have to walk out of a movie, then so be it.

I wasted so much time chasing after my own ways and desires, continually ignoring and saying "no" to that still small voice of G-d, because I was comfortable in my complaceny. My heart became calloused and hard and I got to the point that I could no longer hear G-d speaking. I became apathetic and lukewarm. I nearly lost all sensitivity to the Holy Spirit....
I can NOT go back there, and I will fight for the purity of my heart. I have tasted and seen that the LORD is GOOD! I don't want to be satisfied by anything ordinary.

G-d is great and we do not know Him. I challenge you that it doesn't have to be this way! G-d said that "If you seek Me, you will find Me when you seek Me with your whole heart." Let Jesus be the One Thing you seek today.



"Let the dancers dance. Let the singers sing to You. Let the worshipers advance in Your presence oh G-d.
To play in the water that springs up with life. To dance in the fire the world will ignite. Your banner is love that you wave over us.
And no amount of money can buy the love you give. Cuz you are the measure of our inheritance. The debt has been paid by the blood of the covenant.
Let the blood be broken. Let the wine be poured out." - Andrew Erhenzeller, 'Covenant'

No comments:

Post a Comment