Saturday, January 19, 2013

Of Beauty and G-d's Glory

Sitting outside, in the cool of the evening, my soul is revived.

I watch in awe as the fading sun paints the Western horizon a firey orange; while the surrounding horizons reflect that glory in soft hues of pink. The faint but steady bird-song is a symphony of beauty that stirs my heart. A squirrel chatters away at the top of a hollowed out tree, and a tomcat hobbles through the yard. The gentle breeze lightly caresses my face, and the cool air refreshes my lungs. The joyous sounds of children playing fills the night sky, as cars whiz by.

There is so much beauty to behold; all around us, at every moment. Even in the "barrenness" of winter, there is beauty. The beauty and intricacy of nature beckons us to ponder the beauty and intricacy of our Creator. It whispers of the glory and majesty of G-d. Beauty calls to us to stop and enjoy, even for a moment. "Stop rushing and striving and just be. Be still, and know that I am G-d. Look upon me. I want to be known by you. I want to share in this life with you. I will give you rest."

I wonder what it would have been like to literally walk with G-d in the cool of the day -like Adam and Eve did before the fall. This is what we were created for. To know this G-d who loves us more than we could ever imagine; to walk with Him in intimate fellowship; to behold His beauty and be undone in His presence. I cannot fathom the glory of this- the priviledge. And yet, as sons and daughters, this is our destiny.

I want to know this Man who is Beauty and Love; who came to rescue me from my captivity; who gave His life for me and continues to fight for the restoration of my heart. He is my Warrior, my King, my Deliverer, and the One my heart longs for. He is compassionate, slow to anger, and rich in love.

My soul sings. My soul sings. My soul sings. How I love You!
Oh G-d let me love You more. Let me see Your beauty and find healing in Your presence. You are worthy. Thank you for revealing Your beauty and glory to us in even the little details of every day life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment