Friday, April 10, 2009

A Declaration Worth Repeating





To guys everywhere

Consider carefully the words to follow: (speaking on behalf of all women out there who've had enough)

I am a woman, a daughter of the LIVING God who watches over me....
      I am not a piece of meat. I am not property.  I am not something to be conquered.
You can not seduce me or win me over with a flattering tongue. I'm not impressed. Sorry.
Excessive flirting is annoying. Please stop.
I am a secret garden. You do not have permission to enter.

I will not show you what is mine. You have not put a ring on my finger.
Don't ask me to share with you the wells of my heart when you have not earned my trust.
Believe me when I tell you that I do not like you and will not go out with you.
I would not do you the dishonor of leading you on.
Don't speak to me of the pleasures of darkness and then ask me to hang with you. I don't roll like that.
Don't burp in my face or use foul language. It's NOT attractive and I don't think you're funny.
Don't sit around on the couch while I do all the work.
Don't watch as I struggle with heavy objects. You're stronger than me. Help a sister out.
Hold a door open for me once in awhile. It won't kill you and I won't protest.
Be my friend. Talk to me. Earn my trust. Cherish me. Protect me. Guard my heart.
Treat me like a princess.
What happened to the days of old when men and women treated each other with respect?

What happened to chivalry? It's not a sign of weakness but of strength.
What happened to honor, integrity, chastity, purity .... unconditional and sacrificial... LOVE?

commitment?   "Till death do us part"? ... NOT    "As long as our love shall last."  Come on, people.

And FATHERS:

It's not enough to simply love your daughters. SHOW them you love them. TELL them you love them.

Tell them they are cherished and Beautiful. Treat them like your little princess.
They look to up to you and long to spend time with you. This is right. Walk in it.

Model to them what pure, un-adulterated love looks like. Be their role model of true masculinity.



The world has taken our men and turned them into boys, redifining maculinity. Stop listening to the LIES.


I could speak of women, too. But I'll save that for a rainy day.
I'm done venting. But seriously. Think about it and give me some feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment